Sunday, October 22, 2006

Hanging up the running shoes...for now!

A couple of days ago I ran two miles. About the middle of the run my knee started hurting very bad. And once I was done running...it was really giving me fits. As much as I would like to start trail running...for now that dream needs to be put on hold until I can get this knee fixed. A few years back I twisted it and it's never been the same since.

Now I'm going to be really honest here. I hate running. I can see myself trail running...just because I love hiking so much. But the actually running part...I hate. Now I can get on my bike and ride for miles and be so happy and think life is the best. But when I run, every part of my body cries out, "Why are you doing this to me Liz?!"

Well I'll tell you why I've done it. Because for some reason in my head I feel that I'm not really working-out unless I'm running...at least a few days a week.

I've decided that's a crazy idea. Because if I don't like it, I'm going to end up not working-out and then well...I'm out of shape and the whole good feeling I get when I exercise is shot as well.

So biking, swimming, stretching, yoga are all the things I enjoy and I plan on doing on a regular basis.

It's interesting all these theories and ideas we think are true are just simply ideas and have no real truth to them at all. AND they can keep you from things we should be doing for ourselves.

My two cents for the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory Search For Blogs, Submit Blogs, The Ultimate Blog Directory