Monday, August 21, 2006

8/13/06 Life Is Good

This morning I was in the Castro in San Francisco. I went to a little eatery and had myself a bagel and coffee. I was on a mission to work on some of my AA homework -- my resentment list. I was going all great guns and writing like crazy. Then in walks this really messed up (mentally challenged) woman to buy a cup of coffee. She wasn't really all there. I felt so sorry for her. She was having all sorts of troubles with her coffee, at one point I thought she was going to cry because she couldn't find the a coffee holder to put around her coffee.

While she's working on her coffee issues, two police officers come in and arrest her...again, apparently. The way they talked this had happened before. They handcuffed her and said they were taking her to jail this time. The lady didn't seem to surprised and the officers didn't say why they were hauling her off. She asked if she could take her coffee with her, she explained she had paid for it. Nope, she had to leave it without it...and then she was gone.

I sat there and thought to myself, " I am such a smuck." It really put a damper on writing my resentments. Here I am listing all these resentments and getting ticked off with life... when I realize restements or not, my life is really good. The truth is life happens and it can get ugly at times. But I'm HEALTHY, both mentally and physically. I'm not in jail or have any reasons to be going there anytime soon. I have two beautiful daughters. I have a job and a car that takes me whever I need to go. I'm still relatively young with a lot more life to live...I am so blessed and have so much to be grateful for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory Search For Blogs, Submit Blogs, The Ultimate Blog Directory