Monday, August 21, 2006

8/03/06 My Dream Magazine

For the past several months I've been looking for a particular magazine. I feel I have blogged about this a little before, but it's really driving me crazy. I'm searching high and low for a "Real Womans" magazine. Not these pansy ladies magazines where the lady on the cover is so perfect...matter a fact she is perfect. She doesn't even look like that in real life because she's been edited and whatever to perfection.

AND don't even get me started on the articles that are in these magazines. On how to look good for your man and how to have the perfect body and how to fit into your bikini this summer.
I want a magazine about women who aren't afraid to get dirty. I want to read about women who have the guts to step out of the box and try something wild and crazy...even when people think they're nuts for doing it. I want to read motivating stories of ladies who are dying of cancer and yet their riding their bike across the united states, who play on a all womans football team, or base jump....where the hell are these stories at?

There are these adventure mags...but they all cater to the male. They apparently can get dirty and have fun while their women are home getting their nails and hair done. But yet there are so many women doing these fabulous things...more women need to hear their stories. Sometimes it just takes hearing that someone else is trying something for the first time, even though they are scared, that can motivate you to possibly try something you've always wanted to do.

The more stories out there of empowering women...the better for all of us.

Last night I was all comfy in my bed, getting ready to drift off to sleep land when it hit me. Create the cover of your magazine. A few days ago this gentleman and his wife were sitting next to my partner and I as we were eating breakfast. I don't remember why he said this, but it's stuck in my head and it won't leave. He was talking about all the things there are to do in San Francisco. He went on to say that if he just put a little effort into finding something to do -- he would find so many wonderful things out there. Things he didn't even know were an option. I kept going back to what he said at the start though...you just have to put in a little effort first and then see what happens.

So I jumped out of bed last night and decided to create the cover of my magazine that I want to find and hopefully write for. Here's the first rendition of it.

I so don't want to start a magazine. I mean there's a part of me that would. The best I can do at this point is just to work on a online magazine. I've been so blessed in the last few months to come across some very incredible woman who are willing to let me write about them. I need to get started and get their stories out there one way or another.

It must happen!!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory Search For Blogs, Submit Blogs, The Ultimate Blog Directory